Hamilton Bonsai Club Forums Website Remeber Me function

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #2605 |

Had a email forwarded to me from Hamilton Bonsai Club (the website), from marshall:
    OK, I have checked the “remember me” box, but have to enter username and password every time- a pain in the butt. And if I click “Log Out” when through it says I blew up the internet (again). When I frirst try to Log in, it usually only has a box labelled “log out”, so I click that and get the “log in” box.

I have been on the website before, and also ticked the ‘Remember me’ box, but several times I have had to log in too. I just had to log in again going from one ‘Tips for the month’ to another.
    Anyone else ?

Profile photo of Gordon BGordon B
    Participant

Interestingly (or not) – just did an upgrade of Firefox and after restart I’m still logged in – wonderful.

Profile photo of Aaron BAaron B
    Participant

There’s a difference between ‘Remember Me’ and automatic browser sign-in.

When the Remember Me button option is selected it prompts your browser to remember your details for next time you attempt a login. Some browsers have this function already built-in, especially modern browsers.

I don’t believe selecting this option will automatically log you in, however each web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer) is different and some might.

I’ll look into if I can allow automatic sign-in, but I can’t promise anything sorry.
    At worst you have to sign-in each time you view the forums which isn’t too difficult. The issue is as Marshall has correctly pointed out when you click the link in the notification email about a forum update. (we’re working on fixing this)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.